I admit, I don't always treat others with grace.
I've been forgiven so much in my life, yet I am often critical of others who I don't agree with, or who don't agree with me. Everyday for me is a reminder that for someone like myself who has been forgiven so much, I need to learn to forgive faster. Even more than that, I need to treat others with respect and love, no matter how unloveable I feel someone is being at the time.
Here are five things I will try to do to show grace:
- Daily remember the grace that God showed me in my baptism
- Re-read the Scriptures that remind me of God's forgiveness and grace for me.
- Be slow to criticize others for thinking differently than I.
- Put the best construction on everything, including perceived insults.
- Stop using sarcasm as a defense mechanism and be respectful of others, even if they don't sense my snarky-ness.
Eph. 2:8 Because by grace you have salvation through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is given by God: 9 Not by works, so that no man may take glory to himself.